Fairies, elves and fantastic creatures gather in wooded hollows between the Finger Lakes and the Catskill mountains. With enchanting music and colorful pageantry they invite you to join them in celebrating nature’s wonders and the magic of imagination.
- Walk the paths of the Wattlestone Garden and the Labyrinth…
- Enjoy the play of jugglers, magicians and wandering minstrels; of puppeteers, actors and storytellers.
- Eat wholesome local food.
- Dance to live music from an array of fantastic performers.
We will have some great new musicians as well as old favorites for 2013!
- Meet with the Faerie Queen and her Court of marvelous characters.
- Thrill to the jousting tournament as Sir Oak and Sir Holly compete for the right to escort the Faerie Queen.
- WEAR Your FAERIE FINERY!
With parades, processions and interactive performances throughout the day, opportunities abound to share in the pomp and pageantry of A Midsummer’s Dream Faerie Festival. From face-painted fairy princesses to wildly costumed characters of fantasy fiction, artful presentation abounds!
There will be a fashion show of woodland wearables featuring ensemble work from some of our festival clothing merchants. Guests too, who come garbed and glamoured may show off their look on the Faerie Fashion Runway… World-class face & body painters and maskmakers can work their wonders to perfectly complement your otherworldly ensemble.
A proud feature of our festival is a JURIED EXHIBITION AND SALE of handmade North American artwork and fine crafts. About thirty exhibitors will have been carefully selected for originality and craftsmanship in a balanced variety of media. We enthusiastically encourage you to support American artists and craftspeople.
In keeping with our festival’s family orientation, no alcohol will be served and visitors are requested not to bring or consume alcoholic drinks during festival hours.
To set a good example for the children, smoking will be kept to designated areas out of view, and smokers are requested not to leave butts on the ground but use the receptacles provided.